Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Destinations Coverage

A couple of seniors in Japan for the first time. I appreciate your previous advice and thanks for your kindness. Need more help. Does my JR Pass fully cover my trip from Tokyo - Takayama, Tokyo- Mt. Fuji ( Fuji Shibazakura Festival) and lastly Tokyo- Ashikaya Flower Park in Tochigi. What train do I take from Tokyo? Please can you help me to plan out the itinerary. Do I need to buy other passes? Thanking you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Hi RRN,

Your JR Pass will cover the journey from Tokyo to Takayama fully. Take the Shinkansen from Tokyo to Nagoya, and then change to the Ltd. Exp (Wide View) Hida train to get to Takayama.

The JR Pass doesn't cover the trip to Mt Fuji. You can take the JR Chuo line from Tokyo as far as Otsuki station, and then you will have to change to the Fujikyuko line which is not covered by the pass, so you will have to pay an extra fare to get to Kawaguchiko Station.

There is a bus from Kawaguchiko station that only runs during the Shibazakura Festival period. It will take you directly to the festival site.

For more access information, please visit the Shibazakura Festival website: http://www.shibazakura.jp/eng/access/

Kind Regards,

Japan Experience
  • Options
    Thanks a million for the advice. You are soooo patient and kind. God's Blessings to you.