Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

JR pass 7 days or 14 days

Travelling for 10 days starting from Osaka to Hiroshima to takayama to Tokyo to Hokkaido ending in Tokyo . Which pass should I buy and if I buy JR pass does it. Cover Hokkaido bullet train too. Thank you .

Comments

• Options
    Honestly, trying to cover all that ground in just a week would be pretty absurd. A 14 day pass would still pay off in spades.
    You can see regular fares, routes and schedules on Hyperdia:
    http://www.hyperdia.com
    and you should definitely look at it - many of your routes will require many hours on the train.
  • Options
    Thank you for your constructive opinion. We have just finished a tour in late March . So we decided to visit this places free and easy . Could you please advice is it closer to go from Kyoto to Hiroshima or Osaka to Hiroshima . Is it worth making a trip to takayama or give a miss and go to Hokkaido instead. Thank you again for your time. Much appreciated .
  • Options
    Hi,
    To go to Hiroshima, either way you have to go through Shin-Osaka Stn, so Osaka is a bit closer and easier. For Takayama, it is one city whereas Hokkaido is one _big_ island. It depends on what you want.
    If you choose Hokkaido though, I certainly would fly - use a low cost carrier like Jet Star, Vanilla Air, Peach, etc - it only take a couple of hours and way, way cheaper than the train.
  • Options
    Thank you again for your help and assistance. Much appreciated.