Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

Tokyo, Nagoya,Kyoto, Osaka and back to Tokyo 20 days

Hi, I will be traveling to Japan this May for 20 days and planning to stay in Tokyo for 6 days, Nagoya 2 days, Kyoto for 3 days, Osaka 3 days and back to Tokyo, which JR pass should I get? Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    You are planning to travel for 8 days, so a 7 day Pass would not work, and you would not get your money's worth for a 14 day pass. You'd actually have to add a bit more to make a 7 day pass pay off too. So you can try to squeeze your travel down into 7 days, or get the 14 day pass and do some day trips to Hiroshima for example, or from Tokyo to places like Nikko, Karuizawa, Izu and Kusatsu (all are worth seeing). IMHO for Tokyo 3-4 days is more than enough, and there are many good places nearby.
    Nara near Kyoto is also well worth seeing, and has some of Japan's best sights.
    The rest is in your hands.
  • Options
    Thank you Tenjin. I just bought the 14 days pass instead. I am planning to use it after staying 5 days in Tokyo. Can I just buy the Train or bus fare from Narita to Tokyo?
  • Options
    Hi Annav,

You can easily buy train tickets at the ticket office or ticket machines at the airport station if you would like to catch the train.

There are also limousine buses that can take you from the airport into central Tokyo. This can be useful if you have a lot of luggage, since the buses have more room for it than the trains. And since they stop at many major Tokyo hotels, a bus may also be able to take you closer to your hotel than the train could, depending on where you are staying.

Japan Experience offers vouchers for the limousine bus transport service here: https://www.japan-rail-pass.com/services/transfer-tokyo

I hope this helps.

Japan Experience