Japon
Have a question ?
Use our forum
Options

JR Pass

Hi I just purchased the 7 day JR Pass for me and the wife. Visiting Japan this December. First stop is Tokyo Dec 1 to 4, then we go to Osaka 4-7, then return to Tokyo 7-9.

Assuming I use my JR Pass upon arrival on Dec 1, riding the NEX. It will then start the clock on my 7 day JR Pass. I will still be able to return via Shinkansen from Osaka to Tokyo on December 7 right?

Just want to confirm.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Hi,
    If you first use your pass Dec 1st, the last day you could use it is Dec 7th. The day you activate it for counts as Day One - which starts and ends at midnight. So if you activate it to use it at 6 PM, your first "day" is just 6 hours long.
    It'd be unfortunate if you just spent all your time in Kansai in Osaka though - it's just a clone of Tokyo. Kyoto & Nara are worth a lot of your time, and if you want to add more value to your pass, Himeji has Japan's grandest castle.

• Options
    Hi. I will be going To Osaka then Kyoto!, thereafter to Tokyo with my 2 teenagers. Is it worth for us to get the JR pass. We be spending 6 days in Tokyo.
  • Options
    First, it's better to start a new thread and not piggyback your question on someone else's.

Your whole itinerary is still unclear. If you are flying into Japan at Osaka and leaving Japan through Narita, then a JR Pass would not pay off without adding more travel, such as a few day trips to places like Nikko, Kusatsu, Karuizawa, etc.